Bill of Rights, Cold War, Constitution, Don, Don't Tread on Me, East Germany, Fascism, Freedom, German Democratic Republic - East Germany, Germany, History, Lying Unacceptable, Patriot, Politics of Germany, Tea Party, TRUTH, United State
If the truth is what sets us free, what does it mean to live in a society where truth is absent?
The danger to America is not a single politician with ill intent. Or even a group of them. The most dangerous thing any nation faces is a citizenry capable of trusting a liar to lead them.
“Almost all current events in the affairs of governments and nations have their parallels and precedents in the past,” American President Harry Truman wrote, “without an understanding of history, we are doomed to repeat our collective past.” Has any leader’s lies from the past dramatically shaped people’s destiny?
The Nazi’s, who comprised less than 10% of the German population, compelled millions of people to head for gas chambers in a docile manner. 10 MILLION PEOPLE! How did they do THAT? The Nazis were overwhelmingly outnumbered. They could easily have been overpowered. Why didn’t people resist?
The answer is breathtakingly simple. It is a method still being used by some elected leaders to achieve various goals today.
Adolf Eichmann, known as “The Master”, set about implementing the “Final Solution” as if he were the president of a multinational corporation. His intricate stories, were designed to ensure the cooperation of the condemned (but unknowing) Jews. Accompanied by an entourage of no more than thirty local men — mostly unarmed -Eichmann would address the crowd in a strong, clear voice.
This is what he said:
“Jews: At last, it can be reported to you that the Russians are advancing on our eastern front. I apologize for the hasty way we brought you into our protection. Unfortunately, there was little time to explain. You have nothing to worry about. We want only the best for you. You will leave here shortly and be sent to very fine places indeed. You will work there, your wives will stay at home, and your children will go to school. You will have wonderful lives. We will all be terrible crowded on the trains, but the journey is short. Men? Please keep your families together and board the railcars in an orderly manner. Quickly now, my friends, we must hurry!”
The Jewish husbands and fathers were relieved by the explanation and comforted by the fact that there weren’t more armed soldiers. Fear of “heinous Russian Communists” had been pounded over the media to the masses for months. Relieved that the authorities were looking out for their best interests, grown, strong men, who could have resisted, instead trustingly helped their families into the rail cars. The containers, designed to transport eight cows, were each packed with a minimum of one hundred human beings and quickly padlocked.
At that moment, they were lost.
“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free,” said Thomas Jefferson, “. . . . The people cannot be safe without information. Where the press is free, and every man able to read, all is safe.”
History shows that any people who are sheep-like in following their leadership (so long as their personal self-interests are satisfied) may one day awaken to find that their nation has changed in dramatic ways.
-Do YOU think lying to get elected is acceptable? Especially when you believe the candidate’s intention is to get elected to do GOOD WORKS?
-Who are the “good guys” and who are the “bad guys”?
-Would truth be a starting point for telling the difference?
-What is our nation’s course? Do you believe that one can determine a probable destination by examining the direction in which we are traveling? Where are we headed?
The only way to know a person who aspires to lead us is to listen to what he says and watch what he does. Frankly, what I think of any current or past leader of the United States is irrelevant. The questions most important to YOU in regard to this subject should be: What criteria do YOU use?
It doesn’t take MANY people to lead a nation in a direction that has serious repercussions on the liberty of OTHERS. Indeed, it has happened, here, in the United States. We have given up liberties for various reasons. WE MAY NEVER GET THEM BACK. And, things could turn even WORSE very rapidly.
Is SOMEONE lying to our country right now?
YOU get to answer that for yourself. My point is that each of us must STOP blindly believing everything someone with an agenda says.
TODAY WITH THE ADVENT OF THE INTERNET’S SEARCH ENGINES, it is simple to verify a politicians voting record, see videos of the politician on youtube to check out the politician’s consistency and whether or not he or she keeps his or her promises.
We MUST do our best to change our country’s direction and to put the best people possible in office. People who will DO what they believe is RIGHT and TRUE.
Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we MUST DO. ~Leonardo DeVinci
Your life, the lives of your children and the lives of your grandchildren may depend upon you demanding THE TRUTH and NOTHING LESS.
- Why Do We Let Politicians Get Away With Lying? (outsidethebeltway.com)
- A Tidal Wave of Political Liars Lying (jonrappoport.wordpress.com)
- Partisan Politics: Dems and Reps Both Say It’s OK For Their Politicians to Lie to Get Elected (reason.com)
- The Propaganda Society (mike10613.wordpress.com)
- HR 5736 – A Bill to Establish An Orwellian Truth Ministry (independentsentinel.com)
- Astonishing Parallels: Nazi Rhetoric and James Dobson (biblethumpingliberal.com)
- Russian Journalist Exposes Propaganda Lies about Houla Massacre (sjlendman.blogspot.com)
- Why Don’t the Corrupt Players On Wall Street and In D.C. Show Remorse for Their Destructive Actions … And Why Don’t We Stop Them? (washingtonsblog.com)
Balloon ready to pop, Bank, Bank of America, Banking, Economy, Finance, Financial Collapse, Late-2000s financial crisis, Loan, Money laundering, Nazism, President of the United States, TBTF, Thieves, Too Big To Fail
Actually…big banks no longer do very much traditional banking. Most of their business is from financial speculation. For example, less than 10% of Bank of America’s assets come from traditional banking deposits. Instead, they are mainly engaged in financial speculation and derivatives. (and see this)
According to Thomas Jefferson, “Banking Institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies”
To prove Jefferson’s point that there is NOTHING you can trust about big banking, the “Too Big To Fail” gang is guilty of:
- Financing illegal arms deals, and are funding the manufacture of cluster bombs (and see this and this) and other arms which are banned in most of the world
- Handled money for rogue military operations
- Laundered money for drug cartels. See this, this, this and this (indeed, drug dealers kept the banking system afloat during the depths of the 2008 financial crisis)
- Shaved money off of virtually every pension transaction they handled over the course of decades, stealing collectively billions of dollars from pensions worldwide. Details here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here and here
- Artificially suppressed gold prices
- Charged “storage fees” to store gold bullion … without even buying or storing any gold . And raided allocated gold accounts
- Committed massive and pervasive fraud both when they initiated mortgage loans and when they foreclosed on them (and see this)
- They pledged the same mortgage multiple times to different buyers. See this, this, this, this and this. This would be like selling your car, and collecting money from 10 different buyers for the same car
- Cheated homeowners by gaming laws meant to protect people from unfair foreclosure
- Committed massive fraud in an $800 trillion dollar market which effects everything from mortgages, student loans, small business loans and city financing
- Manipulated the hundred trillion dollar derivatives market
- Engaged in insider trading of the most important financial information
- Pushed investments which they knew were terrible, and then betting against the same investments to make money for themselves. See this, this, this, this and this
- Engaging in unlawful “frontrunning” to manipulate markets. See this, this, this, this, this and this
- Charged veterans unlawful mortgage fees
- Helped the richest to illegally hide assets
The executives of the big banks invariably pretend that the hanky-panky was only committed by a couple of low-level rogue employees. But studies show that most of the fraud is committed by management.
Indeed, one of the world’s top fraud experts – professor of law and economics, and former senior S&L regulator Bill Black – says that most financial fraud is “control fraud”, where the people who own the banks are the ones who implement systemic fraud. See this, this and this.
- A huge portion of the banks’ profits comes from taxpayer bailouts. For example, 77% of JP Morgan’s net income comes from taxpayer subsidies
- 25 Mind-Blowing Crimes Committed By Big Banks (dprogram.net)
- Stunning Crimes of the Big Banks: Worse than Your Wildest Imagination (washingtonsblog.com)
- Money Laundering Control Act Is it As Good As It Seems (acefinance.me)
- General Conspiracies – Re: Stunning Crimes of the Big Banks: Worse than…. (disclose.tv)
- Are Big Banks Criminal Enterprises? (ritholtz.com)
- BuzzFlash on Money Laundering and Treason (seniorsforademocraticsociety.wordpress.com)
- Are Big Banks Criminal Enterprises? (washingtonsblog.com)
- How London became the money-laundering capital of the world (ianfraser.org)
Accounting, Budget, Capitalism, Corporate tax, Corporation, Cronyism, Free Market, Income tax, Regulation, Restrictions, Richard Mourdock, Tax, Tax rate, Taxation, U.S. Government, United States, United States Senate
Richard Mourdock, GOP candidate for Senator, says government overregulation is CRIPPLING major sectors of our economy, from energy to health care.
Bill Buckler, author of The Privateer, agrees with Richard Mourdock. In an article for Zerohedge, a website credited with bringing the controversial practice of flash trading to public attention in 2009, Buckler writes that the cost of government regulation is a staggering $1.75 TRILLION per year!
The Competitive Enterprise Institute (CEI), a small “think tank” in Washington
DC, puts out an annual report called: Ten Thousand Commandments” The report deals with the regulatory agencies of the US federal government and
the cost of the regulations they continually introduce – and enforce. This
report would be typical of the regulatory function of pretty well every
government in the world.
In their Ten Thousand Commandments 2012 report which was released in June, the CEI estimates the cost of US government regulation at $US 1.75 TRILLION. That is just under half (48 percent) of the budget of the federal government. It is almost ten times the total of all corporate taxes collected and almost double the total collected from individual income taxes. It is also one-third higher than the total of all pre-tax corporate profits. It is the hidden cost of doing business in an interventionist economy.
The fact that the cost of complying with these regulations is substantially higher than the total of corporate profits is a stark illustration of the end result of economic intervention. That end result is CAPITAL CONSUMPTION.
More from Bill Buckler here HERE
“Ten Thousand Commandments” is a MUST read.
- The Cost Of “Intervention” (illinoisreview.typepad.com)
- Obama’s Regulation Con (americanthinker.com)
- House GOP Regulatory Reform Bill: new regulations are suspended until unemployment reaches 94 percent ? (jobmarketmonitor.com)
- Obama vs. Job Creation (johnmalcolm.me)
- DEBT PARTY USA – 5 Straight Years Of $1 Trillion Deficits! (dailybail.com)