Bovine, Constitution, Federal Overstep, Freedom, Health, Healthy Food, Indiana, Indianapolis, Liberty, Milk, Organic Food, Pasteurization, Raw milk, State of Indiana, Submit Comments, United States, Virtual Public Hearing
The Indiana General Assemby has directed the Board of Animal Health to conduct a survey on the sale of raw milk. BOAH will report the findings of the study in a report by Dec. 1 to serve as a reference document for members of the 2013 legislature.
The hearing will be open until Sept. 1. Comments for and against the sales of raw milk are welcomed, as well as suggestions for any potential change to Indiana law. Those who submit comments must provide a name and contact information in case follow-up is needed.
Input from farmers would be particularly valuable, said Denise Derrer, BOAH public information director.
Untimately, the final report will provide guidance to lawmakers, should they decide to legalize the sale of raw milk in the state of Indiana.
The hearing’s webpage can be found on the BOAH website, http://www.in.gov/boah/2615.htm. Those without internet capabilities may submit comments by U.S. mail to the Indiana State Board of Animal Health at Discovery Hall, Suite 100, 1202 W. 38th St., Indianapolis, IN 46205-2898. Attn.: Raw Milk.
- HOLY COW: The war on milk… (elkhartcountygrassrootshub.wordpress.com)
- Activist Liz Reitzig Challenges The FDA’s Policy on Raw Milk (dprogram.net)
- Baylen Linnekin on the Fight for the Right to Choose Raw Milk (reason.com)
- Mothers To Risk Jail Over Milk (liberationwellnessblog.com)
- Raw milk appeal breaking news in TO (thebovine.wordpress.com)
- Setbacks and Bizarre Turns in the Raw Milk Saga (libertycrier.com)
- Ontario raw milk farmer says federal inspectors raided co-op (theprovince.com)